The critical power path in a server room, datacentre or other type of network environment is the path from the building incomer (mains power supply) to the critical load connection socket or terminal (PDU). Elements within the critical power path can include LV switchboards, UPS systems and standby power generators, transformers, sub-distribution panels, power distribution units, fused spurs and socket outlets.
200kVA UPS Prices and Specifications
200kVA rated UPS systems for server rooms, datacentres and other critical environments. The UPS are rated at 200kVA and their kW-rating will vary depending on their output power factor. Monoblock UPS can be operated in a parallel/redundant N+X configuration to provide additional resilience. Modular UPS systems can be extended to the full capacity of their frames of supplied with modules arranged to achieve N+X scalability or redundancy. Battery sets are supplied in external battery cabinets or racks for a range of runtimes and can be configured using sealed lead acid maintenance free or lithium-ion batteries. Transformerless UPS will have high operating efficiencies and transformer-based systems will be suitable for industrial UPS applications. Customisation and bespoke options are available for harsh environments.
UPS Systems (350)
- Single Phase (241)
- Three Phase (113)
- Modular UPS (42)
- Rackmount UPS (127)
- UPS Sizes (326)
- UPS Accessories (42)
- UPS Solutions (352)
- UPS Technologies (326)
Power Distribution (161)
- Basic PDU (116)
- Metered PDU (62)
- Switched PDU (32)
- Intelligent PDUs (44)
- In-line Energy Meters (17)
- Power Splitter Boxes (10)
- Smart Power Monitoring (15)
- PDU Accessories (57)
- Static Switches (12)
- LV Switchboards
- Backup Power (249)
Server Room Environments provides a complete electrical installation service for 200kVA/200kW rated UPS systems by NICEIC certified electrical contractors. The installation service covers every aspect you could need in a UPS installation including:
- Electrical Site Survey: to assess the electrical infrastructure and advise on any necessary electrical works to upgrade prior to the installation of a UPS system. This includes checking wiring and circuit breaker sizes, distribution arrangements and discrimination for fault clearance.
- External UPS Bypass Switches: a maintenance bypass switch allows your UPS to be serviced without disruption to the connected load(s). Your UPS system may include an internal maintenance bypass switch. An external UPS bypass allows the system to be fully powered down and removed without load disruption. Bypass arrangements can be configured for single or parallel/redundant configurations.
- Electrical Site Survey: on-site battery build may be necessary for UPS extended runtimes where the weights of the batteries or size of the cabinet are two large for delivery as a standard unit. The electrical installations team can provide full onsite battery builds using DC certified and trained engineers.
- Server Rack Power Distribution: another key aspect of the installation of an uninterruptible power supply is distribution of the protected power from the output of the UPS to the load(s). The electrical installation will include distribution arrangements as required. This can include power cords with Commando type sockets run from a wall mounted sub-distribution board to each server cabinet into which a power distribution unit can be connected, to overhead cable trays and trunking, and any extra sockets or hardwired outlets required within the facility.
- Remote Monitoring: your UPS system will most likely be connected to the local IP network for remote monitoring and control. The electrical installations team can provide IP sockets and cabling as required for the network connection.
- Commissioning: commissioning is completed by a UPS manufacturer certified UPS engineer. If required, our electrical installation teams will arrange for load banks if site acceptance testing (SAT) is specified.
Standby Power Generators
The installation of a local standby power generator can be used to provide a 200kVA UPS with additional runtime up to 8 hours or more using a stored energy source including diesel or liquid petroleum gas. The generator and alternator will need to be sized for the UPS with a typical recommendation of 1.25 times the size of the UPS system.
Lead acid battery sets can also be sized for long runtime applications up to several hours with an appropriately sized charging capacity from the UPS rectifier or an external charger.
Lithium-ion Energy Storage Systems
Some 200kVA rated UPS systems are designed to operate with both lead acid and/or lithium battery sets. With a lithium-ion battery, the uninterruptible power supply can operate as an energy storage system using locally generated renewable power sources or off-peak mains to charge the lithium battery set.
UPS Remote Monitoring
UPS systems can be monitored over a local IP network or remotely through a service centre UPS monitoring software. 24/7 remote monitoring also includes diagnostics and timed reports and can speed up response plans to alarm conditions.
UPS Maintenance Contracts
Maintenance contracts and service plans are available including annual preventative maintenance visits, either one per year or two per year. The contracts include technical support, parts (excluding consumables), labour and emergency response call outs at 4 clock hours, 8 working or 12 working hours.
Transformerless and Transformer-based UPS Systems
Transformerless UPS operate can operate at high operating efficiencies over a wide load range (down to 25% typically) and are designed for server room and datacentre environments. Transformer-based UPS are designed to protect critical IT and industrial loads in harsher electrical environments and where there is more extreme power pollution requiring a Galvanic isolation solution. Where isolation is required, transformerless UPS can be installed with an additional isolation transformer.
For more information please contact our projects team.
Earn SRE points on all online purchases with double points on selected products