sensorProbe2+ (SP2+) is a versatile and cost-effective remote environmental and power monitoring platform with up to four sensors ports. sensorProbe2+ is ideal for applications requiring temperature and other environmental conditions (humidity and water leakage) in server rooms, data centres and temperature controlled environments including warehouses and refrigerated distribution.
LCD and Rackmount Versions
The SP2+LCD provides the same features and incorporates an LCD display. For rackmount version of the SP2+ see the AKCP sensorProbe+ SPX4N.
AKCPro Server Software and Alert Email and SMS Text Notifications
The SP2+ can be remotely monitored and controlled using AKCPro Server software (Cloud or on-site) and is ideal for a single server cabinet or multiple racks within a server room or data centre. Email alerts can be setup for distribution when monitored levels go outside threshold levels. For SMS text messages we recomemnd using an email-to-sms service or adding the modem option to the SP2+ device. AKCPro Server software is ideal for monitoring a single server cabinet or multiple racks within a server room or data centre. With the Modbus RS-485 port option, sensorProbe2+ can also act as a Modbus to SNMP gateway. The standard model comes with 4 ports unlocked and is PoE powered.
The SP2+ is a PoE powered environment monitoring device and can be supplied with an additional AC power adapter. The SP2+ is supplied as a Basic model with 2-ports unlocked (SP2+B-PoE) or with 4-ports unlocked and additional features in the SP2+PRO (unlocked via a license) model.
- Basic Model (SP2+B-POE): includes Notifications, Event log, Graphs and MQTTS
- PRO Model (SP2+PRO-POE): adds 5x Virtual Sensors, Maps, 3rd Party Modbus, IPv6, SNMPv3, VPN, Access Control User, Radius, Heartbeats, Modbus, Cloud, and Authentication
A Basic model can be converted to a Pro model (SP2+PRO) at a later date by purchasing a license. Ideal for users who may want to add more than 2x sensors in the future. The SP2+E version provides Modbus.
Sensors can be connected to the sensor ports (selected from the list below) or if you buy a THS bundle pack, the unit is supplied with a plug-in Temperature & Humidity sensor (THS00-NIST2).
Temperature, and Temperature & Humidity Sensors
See this FAQ for more information on NIST certified sensors.
Server Cabinet Thermal Map Sensors
Water Leakage and Flood Detectors
Other Environment Monitoring Sensors
Also available is a 5Vdc 3A Power supply with IEC connector with or without a locking DC jack.
- IP-based monitoring, including SNMPv3, HTTPS and VPN
- Send encrypted SNMP traps and email notifications
- Supports up to 4 intelligent sensors or up to 20 dry contacts
- Virtual sensors
AKCP smartRack System
Use wired and/or wireless monitoring sensors connected to the AKCPro server software via sensorProbe2+ to create an SNMP compliant DCIM monitoring software solution for monitoring temperature, Delta-T, humidity, differential pressure, power and control access.
- Sensor Ports: 4xRJ-45 Sensor Ports for connecting AKCP Autosense Sensors and up to 20 Dry Contact Input and Output (0/5Vdc)
- Mounting: 0U rack-mountable, compatible with AKCP DIN Rail Clips
- Status Indications: LEDs for power present, network connectivity and sensor online/threshold status and an internal audio alarm buzzer
- Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF): 1,400,000Hours
- Power: PoE IEEE 802.3af or optional 5Vdc, 3Amp power supply (required for optional modem)
- Operating Environment: Temperature -35 to +80°C, humidity 20-80% (non-condensing)
sensorProbe2+ can be used with RFID server cabinet locks, door contacts and motion detectors to provide cabinet security. AKCPro Server software provides central management and monitoring of who can gain access to any protected server cabinet.
senorProbe2+ can be used with AKCP compatible AC voltage sensors, DC voltmeters, sensor-controlled relays and power metering.
Tank level sensors can be monitored through sensorProbe2+ for liquid levels in fuel tanks, chemical tanks and oil storage tanks up to 2m in depth. Other specialised sensors include a key switch override, to disable notifications during maintenance and a programmable LCD sensor display.
- 4G internal modem with external antenna (SKU: M4E for SMS and data, M4E2 for SMS, data & voice calls). SP2+ can set up for 10x email addresses, 10x SMS, 10x phone calls, 10x SNMPSets and 10x SNMPTraps. User to supply their own SIM card.
- Expansion module connectivity
- Expansion port uses 1 sensor port, connect up to 4 Cabinet Control Units
- Optional Modbus / CAN bus
- Optional Power over Ethernet (PoE)
SP2+ Virtual Sensors
||I/O Dry Contacts *
|| 2-4 Intelligent Sensor ports / 5 Virtual Sensors (additional packs available)
|| up to 20 using the plug-in 5Way Dry Contacts Input (1 per Intelligent Sensor port)
- Isolated dry contact option