The Locate Rope Water Sensor is used to precisely detect water leaks over a large area including under data centre raised access floors, basements and in roof spaces. The sensor is powered by the AKCP environment monitoring device it is connected to. When contact with water takes place, the sensor will retain its error condition until it is read via SNMP GET before it returns to a normal state. The standard length is 3m with 3m extensions and custom lengths avaialble.
The Locate Rope Water Sensor comes fully assembled and includes the rope portion that is the water sensing cable, the non-sensing cable (from the rope to the sensing module) and the main sensing module. The sensing cable can be pre-ordered from a 3m (10foot) minimum to any custom run length (in multiples of 3m/10feet) of up to 48m/160feet. The non-sensing cable comes in a standard 6m/20foot length.
The specific location of water along the rope can be used to trigger alerts like e-mail, SMS, phone calls and SNMP traps. The sensor has its own SNMP OID so that it can be monitored over the network using any Network Management System.
Each Locate Rope Water sensor comes complete with a 1.5m/5foot sensor cable that connects the main sensing module to the AKCP remote monitoring base unit RJ-45 sensor ports, or you can use your own CAT5/6 LAN cable. This cable can be extended up to 30m/100feet.
Locate Rope Water Sensor Features
- Ideal for covering large areas monitoring water leaks in data centres and warehouses
- Compatible with sensorProbe, sensorProbe+ and securityProbe monitoring devices
- Provides protection for water-sensitive equipment from water leakage and burst pipes
- Alarm notifications can be sent via email, SNMP traps and SMS text message
- Powered by a sensorProbe+ or securityProbe base unit and does not requires no additional power
- Automatically reports a critical state if cable is cut or damaged
- Supplied with an extendable 3m (10 foot) cable with custom lengths available to order
- Rope Water Sensors (RWSC10) are water leak detection cables that will signal water contact but without a precise location of the water contact along the length of the cable