Use an AKCP sensorProbe Wireless Tunnel (SP-WT) to monitor up to 4x AKCP intelligent sensors using LoRa wireless communications over long distances up to 3km (over 1.5miles). AKCP’s proprietary Wireless Tunnel protocol provides guaranteed message delivery without loss of data and with low power utilization to help extend battery life. Data is transmitted to the sensorProbe Wireless Tunnel Server (SP-WTS). Multiple units can be monitored centrally with AKCPro Server, which can run locally or as a Cloud-base software platform.
The sensorProbe+ Wireless Tunnel is equipped with Semtech’s LoRa based radio technology and the AKCP Wireless Tunnel communications protocol. Up to 4x wired intelligent sensors can be connected to a single SP-WT device. Up to 30x SP-WT devices can be connected to the sensorProbe+ Wireless Tunnel Server (SP-WTS), allowing up to 120 intelligent sensors to be monitored.
The sensorProbe Wireless Tunnel (SP-WT) is powered by either 3x AAA batteries, or a 5VDC USB input. It is recommended where possible to power the SP-WT via USB power supply but both can be used with the batteries providing a failover power source.
AKCP sensorProbe Wireless Tunnel Features
- Guaranteed message delivery
- Proprietary AKCP Wireless Tunnel Protocol
- Long range radio communications (up to 3km in open space)
- Low power radio for extended battery life (sensor dependent)
- Internal antenna tuned for greater signal strength
- Plug-in AKCP Intelligent sensors
AKCP Intelligent Sensors
AKCP sensorProbe Wireless Tunnel Specifications
- Mounting: desktop, wall mount, DIN rail or magnetic
- Status Indication: LED indication for power, radio connectivity and status
- Connectivity: Wireless Tunnnel connection to sensorProbe-Wireless Tunnel Server (SP-WTS)
- Inputs: 1x USB for external 5VDC power and firmware updates and 4x intelligent sensor ports for connecting AKCP wired sensors
- LoRa® Radio Regional Plans: EU868 : 863~868Mhz Max TX Power +14dBm Duty Cycle 1%, US915: 903~915Mhz Max TX Power +17dBm, AS923 : 920~925Mhz Max TX Power +14dBm Duty Cycle 1%, KR920 (Korea) : 922~923Mhz Max TX Power +14dBm Duty Cycle 1% and IL917 (Israel) : 915~917Mhz Max TX Power +14dBm Duty Cycle 1%
- Certification: FCC Part 15C, CE EN300220-2
- Operating Environment: Temperature -35 to +80°C, humidity 20-80% (non-condensing)
- Power: external 5.5Vdc 3A power adapter, 3x AAA Batteries (non-rechargeable)
- Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF): 1,400,000hour
The SP-WT can be used in server rooms and data centres where wireless communications are required. Other applications include remote sites such a solar PV farms to collect sensor data over a 3km radius.