PowerBox 4KG is a smart power strip with 4 BS-Style square pin output sockets and an RJ45 Ethernet LAN connection port. Each output socket can be switched ON/OFF using a web interface. Electrical measurements including Amps (A), Voltage (V), Watts (W), energy consumption (kWh), Frequency (Hz) and total load power factor (PF), are available for each individual socket outlet.
Using NETIO Cloud, PowerBox 4KG output sockets can also be controlled over the internet and the measurements viewed online. Netio Cloud provides a secure HTTPS connection and a NETIO Cloud ‘welcome credit’ is provided free of charge for each connected device, calculated to cover about 3 years of operation.
PowerBox 4KG also has an open API and can integrate with third-party systems using standard Machine2Machine (M2M) protocols including JSON, MODBUS/TCP, SNMP, MQTT-flex, XML and Telnet.
The PowerBox 4KG is suitable for office, computer and server rooms and industrial applications and works within a wide temperature range (–20°C to +75°C). Firmware upgrades can be made using a web interface and the device stores the state of the socket before being powered off. For additional resilience, the relays switch at zero voltage.
PowerBox 4KG is available from UK stock. The 4KF and 4KE are available to order with a lead time of 5-10 working days.
- Remote Reboot: for switching each outlet ON/OFF remotely
- IT Servers, Networking Devices and IP Cameras: for the remote control and manual restart of IT devices
- Energy Saving: to automatically implement ‘weekend’ and ‘night-time’ energy saving regimes
- Laboratory Equipment: to provide remote control without having to enter the lab or clean room
- Solar or Wind Power Generation: to restart devices whenever power or WIFI connection is lost using a built-in WatchDog function and measure local energy generation delivered to the grid (Reverse Energy Meter) from solar PV, wind turbine and micro CHP cogeneration systems
- AV Equipment: switch multimedia equipment ON/OFF from a central system or a multimedia control panel
- Advertising Kiosks and Vending Machines: using the built-in timer function to control operation times
- Air Conditioning Control: using a separate plug-in IP thermometer to turn AC units on when temperatures rise
- Digital signage or AV (Audio Video): for remote power ON/OF a range of compatible drivers available for PowerBox 4Kx products
- Office Lighting: controlling additional lighting from a central system
- Conferencing Rooms: powering OFF unused/idle equipment
PowerBox 4KG can be set to power each socket ON/OFF/RESTORE where RESTORE is the position the socket relay was in prior to power disconnection. This features helps to prevent automatic restarts following a power failure and can be useful for sensitive IT and electronic devices.
Mobile Phone App
PowerBox 4KG can be controlled over a local network through the NETIO Mobile 2 App; available for Android devices. The mobile app can be used to scan the local area network (via WiFi) to discover connected devices and control the devices and their outputs.
Zero Current Switching
The PowerBox 4KG features Zero Current Switching (ZCS). This technology controls the exact time when the mechanical relay contacts in the device close or open. The relay contacts switch the device output ON or OFF and ZCS ensures that this happens when the current waveform is at the zero crossing. Over the working life of a product, ZCS helps to reduce internal relay damage and prolong working life. As the relay switches when the current waveform crosses zero, any negative effects of inrush currents are significantly reduced. The use of ZCS also extends the working life of connected loads when there is a need for frequent ON/OFF switching including items using Switch Mode Power Supplies (SMPS) such as audio visual devices, servers and computer loads. The ZCS and PowerUp delay functions also reduce the chance of circuit breakers tripping when power is restored after a power outage.
Event Scheduler Function
The Scheduler Function allows the powering ON or OFF of each output to programmed into a weekly day schedule at specific times. This can be a useful features to save energy and periodically reboot connected devices.
- Each output socket has its own schedule
- The scheduler works without an internet connection; a time source (NTP server) is needed such as a local ADSL broadband or WiFi router
- Netio Cloud can also be use to control the outputs when the scheduler is active
Alternative Outlet Socket Types
The PowerBox 4Kx product is available in three types:
- PowerBox 4PG: with UK (Type G) sockets and a plug for the United Kingdom, Ireland and other British style socket countries
- PowerBox 4PF: with DE (Type F Schuko) sockets as used in most of continental Europe and Russia
- PowerBox 4PE: with FR (Type E) sockets and an earth pin for France, Belgium, Czech Republic, Slovakia and Poland