The HWg SMS-GW3 is a central 2G text SMS gateway for use with compatible environment monitors connected to an Ethernet network. The SMS-GW3 can send SMS alerts and dial pre-set phone numbers specified in the device or the HWg-Trigger software application. The SMS-GW3 requires a SIM card and can be accessed by any of the compatible monitoring devices (see Related Products) on the same Ethernet network at a Box-2-Box level, to allow a single gateway for SMS messages and phone alerts.
For faster 4G LTE communications see the SMS-GW3 LTE
SMS-GW3 Gateway Features
- Ethernet: 10/100 Mbit/s
- Configuration: WEB interface
- GSM antenna: External 3m cable, SMA
- GSM standard: Quad-Band 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- M2M communication protocols: SNMP, XML, netGSM (http, SOAP)
- Internal memory for outgoing SMS queue: 100 messages
- Mechanical: flat surface, wall-mountable or DIN rail
- HWg SDK available for interface programs
SMS-GW3 can be used to SMS messages from the following software and services: HWg-Trigger software, HWg-DCD software, Nagios monitoring software (Netways: notify-poseidon-sms.pl – plug-in available) and the SensDesk.com online monitoring platform.
For compatible products see the Related Products tab.
- One SMS gateway for the entire network with web-based configuration
- No additional software needed in order to send text messages
- Recipient SMS phone numbers are configured in the sending device
- Supports an SMS + Ring function
- Connection for an external antenna
- Quad-Band GSM
- Examples for programmers available in the HWg-SDK (Borland C++, MS Visual C, VB, C#, PHP, JAVA and more)
The advantage of SMS-GW3 over Email to SMS alerts subscription services is that the device does not require internet connectivity to send the SMS alter or dial a pre-set phone number.
Sending SMS alerts using Poseidon2 Environment Monitors over an Ethernet LAN
As well as a text message, the SMS-GW3 can call the pre-set phone number and let the phone ring for a short time.
HWg-Trigger is an MS Windows application monitors the connected Environment Monitor.
The Nagios NMS monitors the connected devices using SNMP. A plug-in in the Nagios system enables SMS alerts over the SMS-GW3 gateway with configured phone numbers for the text messages.
The SMS-GW3 can be accessed via the Sensdesk.com portal which an be used to monitor and configure alarms using a single web interface. Sensdesk also monitors network connectivity via the internet of connected ARES devices. LAN and GSM sensors (HWg-STE Push and ARES send data to the portal).