HWg-WLD Relays are universal water leakage and flood sensors that detect flooding using a soak-detecting cable (rope). The sensing cable can detect small amounts of water and other liquids. The WLD Relay can be used as PoE powered sensor with STE2 R2 and Poseidon2 environment monitoring devices when connected via a 1Wire UNI bus (RJ-11). Alternatively, the WLD Relay can be used with third party systems (when powered by a 12Vdc power supply) to provide a relay output (NO/NC) signal when water or liquid is detected. The connection cable (2m as standard) can be supplied up to 85m and extended up to 100m (185m in total) using 2m, 10 or 50m cables.
HWg-WLD Relay and Rope Water Leakage Detection Features
- A universal water detector for use with Poseidon, Damocles, Ares or HWg-STE plus units
- Sensor WLD Relay 1W-UNI can be connected as a detector through its digital output or as a sensor via 1Wire UNI bus
- Connected detection cable can be lengthened to up to 185m
- Soaked detection cables can be dried and reused
HWg-WLD Relay Kit
The HWg-WLD Relay is supplied with a power adapter and a 2+2m water leakage connection and sensor cable.
Water Detection Connection Cable and Sensor Options
A 2m connection cable is required to connect the HWg-WLD Relay to the appropriate monitoring device (STE2 R2, Poseidon2 3266, 3268 or 4002). The water detection sensor is then connected to the HWg-WLD Relay. Kit options include:
Additional cable extensions include:
Other lengths are available on request.
- Water leak detection for security systems
- Water detection under raised access floors in server rooms and datacentres
- Leaking pipe detection with the cable wrapped along the pipe
- Protection against floods from roof lights with the sensing cable routed along the walls
- Detection of water leaks in drip trays
- Detection of water leaks under air conditioning outlets