The 1-Wire UNI 30-100A DC Current Probe consists of shunt and converter to measure DC currents from 30A up to 100A. The shunt is connected directly into the circuit to be measured. The DC current is measured during charge and discharge. The 1W-UNI can be connected to ARES, Poseidon2 and SD-2×1Wire monitoring devices, allowing the current probe to monitor and provide alarms for DC overload and changes in mode, from charge-to-discharge and discharge-to-charge.
- Current Range 0-100A DC: resolution 0.1A with 2% measurement accuracy
- Shunt Resistance/Loss by 100A (100A version): 0.6 mOhm/60 mV; by 30A (30A version) 2 mOhm/60 mV
- Measured voltage maximum = 60Vdc
- Shunt to Converter Cable Length: 1m
- Bus-powered (1-Wire UNI): maximum 2 sensors per active port
- The 1-Wire UNI bus is electrically isolated from the measured circuit
- 1-Wire UNI (2x RJ11 for daisy-chaining)
- Designed for indoor applications
The probe is suitable for input power monitoring to 12/24/48Vdc powered devices and provides battery charging and energy consumption monitoring ideal for telco-type applications, transportation (railways) and UPS systems.
UPS Battery Monitoring
The shunt is connected directly to the positive or negative terminal of the monitored circuit. The positive converter pin monitors the more positive voltage (from the power source.). The shunt measures positive values from positive to negative. The current flowing in the opposite direction is considered negative (battery charge=positive, discharge=negative). The shunt is connected to the converter by a 1m two-line wire. The length of the wire cannot be changed. The shunt resistor and the converter are selected for to achieve the highest accuracy possible and cannot be changed.