VibrationDetect is an AKCP vibration sensor that can used to detect forced entry into protected areas. The sensor can be used with sensorProbe+ and securityProbe environmental monitoring and security devices. and connects to a base unit via the RJ-45 dry contact sensor or a dry contact input.
The vibration sensor is a normally closed input switch that will detect when there is vibration from a forced entry attempt. This sensor is designed to protect against forced entry through walls, ceilings, windows, safes or cabinets. VibrationDetect can initiate an alarm when vibration from a non-desirable force strikes a protected surface. A built-in tamper switch, independent from the vibration detector circuit helps to detect tamper or removal.
- Measurement Range: Alarm or Normal
- Sensor Type: normally Closed contact input switch
- Contact Pressure: adjustable from 1 to 50 grams but recommended setting between 5 and 25 grams only – supplied with pressure of approximately 6 grams
- Contact Break Time: approximately 45ms maximum (at 6-grams of pressure)
- Rated: 1A at 50Vdc
- Life: pver 100,000 contacts
- Contacts: pure silver
- Case: ABS resin
- Communications Cable: RJ-45 jack to sensor using UTP Cat 5 wire
- Communications Cable Maximum Length: 1000 Ft (305m) with approved low capacitance shielded cable or a UTP
- Power Source: powered by the monitoring base unit, no additional power needed with full autosense including disconnect alarm
- Dimensions: 15mmHx21Hmmx60mmD
- Weight: 20g
- Sensor Count: 1