PortStore5 RS232-485 Serial Port Ethernet Converters have a built-in data logger and full RS232 9-pin serial port. The serial port can be connected to a PC over the LAN, with the serial port accessible in Windows as a Virtual Serial Port (VSP). The device has a built-in web server for ease of configuration and up to 100 remote serial ports can be connected to a single PC using the HW VSP3 application software supplied free of charge. Data can also be exported for further analysis in Excel readable formats.
The RS232 port on the PortStore5 can be simultaneously used for data collecting (CDR/SMDR, PBX call accounting) and for remote access as Virtual Serial Port. Two devices can be connected in Box-2-Box mode to extend (tunnel) capabilities over a local area network.
PortStore Tset Kit
The PortStore5 is supplied with a power adapter and a CD with manual.
- 1x full serial port RS232/485 with 9-bit communications support
- Machine-2-Machine (M2M) communication protocols: HTTP, Telnet, TCP Server, TCP Client/Server
- Ethernet LAN connection and configurable via a built-in web server and TELNET
- Internal datalogger retains data even after a power loss or LAN connectivity failure
- Full RS232 serial port (9 pins: RxD, TxD, GND, CTS, RTS, DSR, DTR, RI, CD)
- RS485 serial interface with up to 115,200 Bd rate
- Free HW VSP3 software to provide a Virtual Serial Port for Windows (NT service, x64 systems) and supports for up to 100 remote serial ports
- Compatible with a range of third-party software platforms using Borland C++, MS Visual, VB, C#, PHP, JAVA and more)
- Remote control of power and other technologies over RS232 and RS485
- Remote control of displays and signal lights
- Remote status checks on PIR sensors, door contacts and security systems
- RFID card readers
- Vending machines
- Security alarms
- Access control systems
- Barcode scanners
- Metal Case: IP40
- Installation: DIN, flat surface
- Design: Industrial