The HWg-PWR12 is a smart Ethernet gateway which can be used capture data from up to 3 external meters using MODBUS (M-BUS). Using external M-Bus (EN 13757) meters the device can be used to remotely monitor the metering of water, electricity, gas or heat consumption. The M-BUS data can be made available over the web (using graphics), SNMP, email and log files. The PWR12 alarms for out-of-range/abnormal values via email or SMS which can be sent via the HWg-SMS-GW3 gateway when installed on the same local area network.
The PWR12 has a built-in web server for ease of configuration and can be remotely monitored over the internet using the SensDesk Cloud portal or SensDesk Mobile App (iOS or Android).
HWG-PWR devices are designed to monitor external M-BUS meters over a network using Machine-2-Machine (M2M) protocols including MODBUS/TCP, SNMP, XML and others. The devices can support over 50 SNMP and SCADA applications and can be used as a standalone solution or built-into in a wide range of monitoring and control systems.
- Connect PWR12 to external meters using the MODBUS (EN 13757-2) interface and log up to 170,000 values (3 values every 15 minutes = 590 days)
- Machine-20-Machine (M2M) communication protocols include MODBUS/TCP, SNMP and XML
- Connected via local area network and configured via a built-in web server.
- Connected meter failure or out of specified range value sends an alert via email, SMS or SNMP
- Use the HWg-SMS-GW3 gateway for a Ring or SMS alert on the same LAN.
- Data logging can be exported using the HWg-PDMS software into Microsoft Excel.
- Compatible with a range of third-party software platforms including SCADA applications. Examples available in the Borland C++, MS Visual, VB, C#, PHP, JAVA and more.
Energy Monitoring Gateway
- Sends an alarm message (email, SMS or SNMP) in the event of failure or value out of a specified range
- Converts energy consumption from kWh to monetary values without a computer or additional software
- Periodically sends energy consumption reports for a given period as an email attachment
- 8xDigital Inputs (DI) for detecting single-phase 110/230Vac power outages
- Logs selected values and displays graphs over a web interface
- Actively uploads data to a portal using the HWg-Push protocol
- Remote monitoring of electricity meters in server rooms and telecoms sites
- Energy consumption monitoring in rented premises
- Reading energy consumption data in remote or inaccessible areas
- Control over energy costs
- Checking individual supply line for overload in three-phase installations
- Checking for under voltage in electrical installations
- Monitoring liquid flow
- Plastic Case: IP23
- Installation: DIN
- Design: Industrial, IT
The HWg-PWR12 device monitors energy consumption using standard external energy meters. The devices can monitor a range of electricity, water and gas meters from different manufacturers.
The advantages of using third-party MODBUS meters:
- Wide range of meters using the EN13757 (M-Bus) interface available. It is easy to use special-purpose meters (non-standard form factor or measurement range e.g. indirect electricity meters rated up to 1000A).
- M-Bus meters frequently provide extended information e.g. total consumption and immediate values, voltage at different phases and power factor.
- Values from certified meters can be used for billing purposes.