The APC NetShelter SX 48U 600mm wide 1070mm deep server rack enclosure without sides and doors in black is a multi-functional server rack enclosure designed to meet current IT market trends and applications ranging from high density computing and networking to broadcast and audio-video.
APC NetShelter SX Features
With a strong focus on cooling, power distribution, cable management and environmental monitoring, the NetShelter SX rack enclosure provides a reliable rack-mounting environment for mission-critical equipment.
- Integrated Joining Hardware with Multiple Width Enclosure Alignment: enclosures include pre-installed joining hardware to join enclosures in a row and provide additional stability to the enclosure. The pre-installed joining hardware includes holes for joining to an adjacent enclosure at 600mm centers or 24in centers depending upon the floor layout.
- Low-profile Castors and Adjustable Levelling Feet from Underneath or Above: enclosures are shipped standard with both levelling feet and castors. Levelling feet can be quickly adjusted using a screwdriver or drill, eliminating the need to reach underneath with a wrench.
- Split Rear Doors: split rear doors improve access and serviceability to rear of rack mounted equipment. The split rear doors help to maximize floor space. Only 11 inches (279 mm) of clearance is required behind the enclosures to allow for door swing.
- Adjustable Mounting Rails with Captive Hardware and Rapid Alignment: the vertical mounting rails can be adjusted in 1/4 in (6.4 mm) increments covering virtually any mounting requirement for IT equipment. Easy alignment feature integrated into the enclosure mounting rail and side brace for quick alignment verification without the use of tools to verify alignment. U positions are numbered front and back for rapid installation of equipment.
- Enclosure Assemble-to-order (ATO) Options: the Enclosure ATO (Assemble-to-Order) options provide a level of customization for enclosure customers beyond the standard enclosure models. This customization is limited to the assembly of the enclosure itself and does not include additional enclosure mounted components. For example, the enclosure can be assembled without sides, doors, or without sides and doors. Check apc.com for enclosure size options and availability.
- Special Packaging Options for Shipping Racks with Equipment Pre-racked : enclosures with shock packaging are standard enclosures with provisions in the packaging design and enclosure assembly for shipping the enclosures with equipment mounted inside. Extensive industry experience with the leading IT manufacturers and most recently certified with Cisco© for pre-racking and shipping Cisco Unified Computing Systems (UCS). Check apc.com for enclosure size options and availability.
- Pre-installed Full-enclosure Height Rear Accessory Channels: integrated and adjustable rear accessory channel provides zero U mounting locations for toolless accessories. Each channel has two mounting bays to support a combination of up to four accessories such as PDUs and vertical cable organizers. 1070mm (42in), 825mm (32 in), and deep enclosures and networking enclosures include two channels. 1200mm (48in) deep enclosures include four channels. Channels are pre-installed at the factory in the rear of the enclosure but can be moved to other locations of the enclosure along the side brace to resituate cable management where it is needed most.
- Schneider Electric Rack Systems Compatible: compatible with a variety of Schneider Electric rack accessory products to provide the ability to create a complete rack system. Configure rack solutions using industry leading Schneider Electric Design Portal – Small IT Solution Designer configurator complete with verification of product compatibility and useful 3rd party equipment catalogue to aid in visualizing your ideal rack solution.
- Integrated with InfraStruxure Products : Schneider Electric cooling, power distribution, and cable management products work seamlessly with IT enclosures to provide a complete infrastructure support system.
- Vendor-neutral EIA-310 19in Rack Mounting Compatibility Guaranteed: vendor-neutral mounting for guaranteed compatibility with all EIA-310 compliant 19" equipment. The “Fits Like a Glove” money back guarantee provides peace of mind that all of your EIA-310-E compliant rack-mount equipment will physically fit in a NetShelter.
- Optimized for High-capacity Cable Management Systems: NetShelter SX enclosures are optimized for use with high capacity cable management systems that attach to equipment mounting rails inside enclosures aligning with equipment mounting u-spaces and provide channels for routing and managing cabling.
- Simple Selection: no need to spend hours choosing from and compiling dozens of part numbers to create a single enclosure. Schneider Electric has made it easy by handling the details and providing complete enclosures with single part numbers.
- Cable Access Openings with Pre-installed Brushes: large cable access slots in the roof provides access for overhead cable egress. The bottom design allows for unobstructed cable access through a raised floor. Roof includes openings with brush strips pre-installed in locations biased towards the front of the enclosure to allow for data cable passthrough and provisions for air containment.
- Easily Removable Cable Access Roof: roof can be removed with simple pull-pin hinges for access during equipment installation or even with cabling already in place and routed through the cable openings. Once removed the roof is reversible to reposition the larger cable openings for power distribution plugs and connectors.
- Half-height Side Panels and Option with Brush strips for Pass-through: half-height quick release side panels reduce size and weight for easy handling and access to equipment. Side panels are lockable utilizing a single key with the doors. Now available are side panel options integrated with pass-through holes and brush strips for routing cabling to adjacent racks in a row while still maintaining proper airflow.
- Quick Release Doors: front door can be moved to the opposite side or interchanged with rear doors. Doors are easily removed with simple lift-off design.
- Perforated Front Door with Curved Profile: perforated front and rear doors provide ample ventilation for servers and networking equipment. Front door perforated area is optimized with a curved profile to provide greater surface area and allowance of more perforation coverage and higher perforation rating.
- Enclosure Adjustment Tools and Hardware Provided: all enclosures are provided standard with hardware bag that includes hardware for mounting IT equipment and tools for simple enclosure adjustment.
- Equipment Mounting Rails Integrate with Patch Cabling Systems: equipment mounting rails include zero U mounting holes beside the EIA 19" mounting space that allow the installation of Data Distribution Cable (DDC) patch systems without taking up any critical equipment U-space. AV and Networking enclosure designs do not include hole locations for integration of DDC cabling. Other 1U, 2U, and rear enclosure zero U options are available for use with these enclosures.
- Eyebolt Support Integrated into Enclosure Frame : integrated eyebolt holes at the top of the enclosure frame allow the enclosure to be lifted for movement and enclosure placement using eyebolt lifting mechanisms. Refer to enclosure user documentation for detailed specifications on eyebolt requirements and enclosure weight limits.
- Integrated Electrical Grounding: the roof, side panels and front and rear doors are grounded to the frame of the enclosure. Eight additional electrical grounding inserts are located on the frame for external grounding.
- Load Capacity: a proven frame design, heavy-gauge mounting rails, and heavy-duty casters provide for a 3750 lb (1700 kg) static (levelling feet) and 2250 lb (1023 kg) dynamic (castor) load ratings (42U-52U). The 12U and 18U have a static and dynamic load capacity of 600 and 900 pounds (272/408kgs) respectively. Enclosures have been tested and approved to be combined with proper bolt down accessories to meet various seismic requirements. Check apc.com for product documentation for specific requirements.