The DC Sensor Controlled Relay can control the electrical power to devices managed over the Internet. The relay can provide automatic responses to sensor alerts, for example, to switch on the fan when the room temperature rises beyond the threshold level or to turn on a light when the motion detector is triggered.
The DC Sensor Controlled Relay is easily controlled by any AKCP sensors and monitoring base units. The relay can provide automatic responses to sensor alerts. Setting up the DC Sensor Controlled Relay is easy with a built in autosense feature and user-friendly web interface.
The DC Sensor Controlled Relay can be controlled via external PCs and servers using included SNMP command line utilities either interactively or programmatically. In addition, the relay can be controlled via the integrated web interface on a sensorProbe. The DC Sensor Controlled Relay uses Metal Oxide Varistors (MOVs) and snubber circuits to protect the open relay contacts from high voltage spikes or noise-related transients. The relay monitors the power and load and will accept a control signal sent from the sensorProbe or securityProbe base unit.
A simple, point and click web manager can set link the Sensor Controlled Relay to an AKCP sensor. When the sensor goes to the chosen state, for example, High Critical, the relay can be made to cycle, which will turn ON and then turn OFF the external device for the selected period. In this case, when the sensor goes High Critical, the automatic response system will cycle the relay for 20 seconds. Users can easily change the fields in the Relay Settings Menu according to their needs using the dropdown list boxes.
The DC Sensor Controlled Relay has an automatic response feature to give users more flexibility in responding to the environmental alerts. Automatic responses eliminate the need for user intervention during the alarm condition. A built-in fuse provides protection for external devices from possible damage due to over voltages or high current.
The status of the DC Sensor Controlled Relay is indicated by four built-in LEDs locally or remotely SNMP traps, a web interface, email, and SMS text alerts.
DC Sensor Controlled Relay Features
- Relay designed to control DC voltages up to 250Vdc
- Operates from a single +5Vdc power supply from the connect3ed sensorProbe
- Metal Oxide Varistors (MOVs) and a snubber circuit protect the open contacts of the relays from high voltage spikes
- Four LEDs indicate the status of the Relay, Power Supply and DC Voltage
- Up to 2 DC Sensor Controlled Relays per sensorProbe2 and up to 8 DC Sensor Controlled Relays per sensorProbe8, securityProbe5E or E-sensor8 expansion module
- Full auto-sense including disconnect alarm
- Contact Rating: 10A at 30VdcC
- Contact Material: AgCdO
- Carry Current: 10A
- Maximum Operating Voltage: 250Vdc
- Maximum Operating Current: 10A
- Maximum Switching Capacity: 4,000VA 480W with a resistive load 2,000VA 240W with an inductive load (pF0.4)
- Power Consumption: typical 471mW, 94.20mA
- Fuse: 10A 250Vdc