The AC Sensor Controlled Relay can control the electrical power to devices managed over the Internet. The relay can provide automatic responses to sensor alerts, for example, to switch on the fan when the room temperature rises beyond the threshold level or to turn on a light when the motion detector is triggered.
The AC Sensor Controlled Relay is easily controlled by any AKCP sensors and monitoring base units. The relay can provide automatic responses to sensor alerts. Setting up the AC Sensor Controlled Relay is easy with a built in autosense feature and user-friendly web interface.
The AC Sensor Controlled Relay can be controlled via external PCs and servers using included SNMP command line utilities either interactively or programmatically. In addition, the relay can be controlled via the integrated web interface on a sensorProbe. The AC Sensor Controlled Relay uses Metal Oxide Varistors (MOVs) and snubber circuits to protect the open relay contacts from high voltage spikes or noise-related transients. The relay monitors the power and load and will accept a control signal sent from the sensorProbe or securityProbe base unit.
A simple, point and click web manager can set link the Sensor Controlled Relay to an AKCP sensor. When the sensor goes to the chosen state, for example, High Critical, the relay can be made to cycle, which will turn ON and then turn OFF the external device for the selected period. In this case, when the sensor goes High Critical, the automatic response system will cycle the relay for 20 seconds. Users can easily change the fields in the Relay Settings Menu according to their needs using the dropdown list boxes.
The AC Sensor Controlled Relay has an automatic response feature to give users more flexibility in responding to the environmental alerts. Automatic responses eliminate the need for user intervention during the alarm condition. A built-in fuse provides protection for external devices from possible damage due to over voltages or high current.
The status of the AC Sensor Controlled Relay is indicated by four built-in LEDs locally or remotely SNMP traps, a web interface, email, and SMS text alerts.
AC Sensor Controlled Relay Features
- Relay designed to control mains power supply voltage 110Vac in the US, 220Vac in the EU
- The IEC connector rating is 10A for 220Vac and 10A for 110Vac
- Operates from a single +5Vdc power supply from the sensorProbe with power cords supplied to support a maximum of 6A
- Metal Oxide Varistors (MOVs) and snubber circuit protect the open contacts of the relays from high voltage spikes
- Four LEDs to indicate the status of the Relay, Power Supply, AC Supply Voltage and AC Load Voltage
- Up to 2 Sensor Controlled Relays per sensorProbe2 and up to 8 Sensor Controlled Relays per sensorProbe8, securityProbe, securityProbe 5E or E-sensor8 expansion module
- Full auto-sense including disconnect alarm
- IEC connector rating: 10A for 220Vac and 10A for 110Vac
- Contact Material: AgCdO
- Carry Current: 10A
- Maximum Operating Voltage: 380Vac, 125Vdc
- Maximum Operating Current: 10A
- Relay Contact Maximum Switching Capacity: 16A@250Vac with a resistive load, 8A@250Vac with an inductive load (pF=0.4; L/R =7ms)
- Power Consumption: typical 471mWatt, 94.20mA
- Fuse: 10A 380Vac, 125Vdc